Friday, March 27, 2020
Here are some facts to consider:
- The farther down the road of human government we get the further we get from the knowledge of God.
- The more we depend upon human wisdom for answers to life, the further we get from the wisdom of Jesus Christ who created life and sustains it by His powerful word.
- The more enamored we become with the treasures of this world, the emptier we become of eternal treasure.
- The further we get from the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and the more filled we become with worldly treasures, the more likely we are to find a way to justify our choices and activities as pleasing to God.
- The day has arrived when, in the name of pleasing God, selfishness will dictate the destruction of what actually pleases God.
Prior to His death on the cross, Jesus warned His disciples of such a day.
John 16:1-4 “I have said all these things to you to keep you from falling away. 2They will put you out of the synagogues. Indeed, the hour is coming when whoever kills you will think he is offering service to God. 3And they will do these things because they have not known the Father, nor me. 4But I have said these things to you, that when their hour comes you may remember that I told them to you. “I did not say these things to you from the beginning, because I was with you.
Today, and every day, no matter the risk or consequences, I, John van Gorkom, will stand courageously in the face of the world’s opposition and declare that Jesus Christ is Lord. Filled with the Holy Spirit, and equipped with the Sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God, I will proclaim the grace of God through the Cross of Jesus Christ, and invite people to trust Jesus with their eternal soul.
Will you take such a stand?