Wednesday, October 30, 2019
Oh how precious is God’s Word. It comes at just the right time to soothe the soul. It exhorts and encourages at the very moment of need. When a cherished friend is needed, God speaks. When doubt and fear have overwhelmed the heart, God’s words of love break through and bring comfort and peace. When commitment wavers, God never does. He assures us He is still with us and for us. Oh how He loves us. Oh how He cares for us.
Isaiah 27:2-5 “Sing about a fruitful vineyard: I, the LORD, watch over it; I water it continually. I guard it day and night so that no one may harm it. I am not angry. If only there were briers and thorns confronting me! I would march against them in battle; I would set them all on fire. Or else let them come to me for refuge; let them make peace with me, yes, let them make peace with me.”
God has a word to meet every need. One of these expressions of God’s love is just what you may need today:
- God believes I am capable of bearing fruit in His vineyard. He planted me. He pruned me. He shines His light on me. He has connected me to Himself for the food I need to grow. I will bear fruit for the Lord.
- God constantly watches over me. Nothing can happen to me that doesn’t first pass by Him. He has stopped more evil against me than I can ever imagine. He has permitted to come against me only those things that will strengthen me so that I can bear more fruit. He is my constant caretaker.
- God waters me continually. Nothing can happen to me that will leave me thirsty. No scorching sun can dry me out, for my roots are constantly in the Living Water. No frost can kill my leaves for they are constantly moistened by the Holy Spirit’s fresh dew.
- God guards me day and night. I cannot be harmed by what the world throws at me. I cannot be overcome by deceptive thoughts from Satan trying to convince me that I am unacceptable and unapproved. I cannot be harmed by the words of people or by their perceptions of who I am. I have been qualified by God to be a partaker of His inheritance with all the saints in glory.
- God does all these things even when I am not faithful. God says, “I am not angry.” When I sin, He is still watching and watering. When I am prideful, He still protects me. When I pursue personal preferences, He pleads with me to come to Him for peace. God NEVER EVER quits being God to me!
Let me repeat that – God NEVER EVER quits being God to me!
Thank you, Lord, for giving me exactly what I needed today.